Sunday 20 October 2013

*EXCLUSIVE* Cannibal Holocaust's Francesca Ciardi to join "Death Walks"!!!

OK, you read it here first, "Cannibal Holocaust" actress Francesca Ciardi has returned to acting and is joining the cast of Spencer Hawkens new zombie film "Death Walks"!!!!!
 
It's the ultimate fanboy fantasy, to lure the lead actress from one of the most notorious horror movies of all time, and persuade her to appear in your zero budget movie.
 
For almost three decades Francesca Ciardi has managed to maintain a relatively low profile, the notorious "Cannibal Holocaust" being firstly banned for many years, then suddenly being thrust back into the limelight due to the arrival of DVD in the early 2000's. The result is that while many have been fans of the Italian actress for many years, she has also developed a brand new following.
 
"I flirted with the idea in my mind that I might be able to persuade Francesca Ciardi to join Death Walks in its early stages, now several months later and after a number of emails this dream is about to become a reality." Says director Spencer Hawken. " I never in a million years thought that I would be able to persuade someone of Francesca's horror calibre to participate in our little movie."
 
"Cannibal Holocaust" was one of the very first movies to become dubbed with the title of video nasty. The film itself is shocking enough, but the numerous back stories are what allowed the movie to generate such momentum. "Cannibal Holocaust" due to it's banning across much of the globe was almost the thing of urban legends, for a good many years. People spoke of it, but nobody ever got to see it.
 
"About a thirteen years ago, I sat down and watched "Cannibal Holocaust" for the very first time" Continues the director. "I remember looking at the film in total awe, not only was it a horrific film, but in a really good way, but it has created a legacy for a generation, being the first ever found footage movie. But the thing that struck me the most about this movie was Francesca's performance.
 
"Cannibal Holocaust" even by today's standards is a horrific proposition, and Francesca was an actress right at the cutting edge, doing things in this film that few would have dared to take on. Some years later when I started to think about making movies, I had it in my mind that I would try to persuade her to appear in my film. Now here I am in 2013, my chest almost exploding with excitement that the actress I have admired for a long time, is going to star in my film. There have been lots of conversations, and finally I showed her the yet unreleased trailer, and the plans I had for her, and those perceived barriers started to lift away. "
 
"Death Walks" has been dogged by issues since shooting begun, some of which have caused extensive reshoots, but the results have ultimately been positive for the film, regardless of the annoyances at the time. Just last week "Death Walks" secured child star Jess Williams who is known to a legacy of fans for her roles in BBC series Tracy Beaker Returns and The Dumping Ground, and Lucinda Rhodes from The Dream Team and Cavegirl has been with the project from the offset.
 
For director Spencer Hawken he knew that "Death Walks" would always be a little bit special, but even he confesses he never expected the movie to have quite the impact it's going to have with such a solid cast.
 
For more info about the films visit...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment