Second Sight is delighted to announce the re-release of two seminal horror Blu-rays "Re-Animator" and "Basket Case The Trilogy" on 14 March 2016, both come in black case classic packaging and are packed full of outstanding special features.
Brilliant, if somewhat deranged, medical student Herbert West arrives at Miskatonic Medical School and immediately sneers at his professor’s outdated views on death. West has his own outlandish theories and has concocted a serum that will bring the dead back to life. Roping in fellow student Dan Cain their shocking experiments work all too well with horrific and very messy results.
• The ‘Unrated’ Version – brand new 4K restoration
• The ‘Integral’ Version (exclusive to Blu-ray)
• Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
• Audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna and actor Jeffrey Combs, Robert Sampson, Barbara
Crampton and Bruce Abbott
• Re-Animator Resurrectus documentary
• Interviews with Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, writer Dennis Paoli, composer Richard Band and
Fangoria editor Tony Timpone
• Extended scenes, deleted scenes and trailers
The film will be available to pre-order shortly
Basket Case trilogy
What’s in the basket? A question Duane Bradley is asked alot when he arrives in New York and checks into the sleazy Hotel Broslin, a place filled with drunks, odd-bods and prostitutes. We soon discover the answer; inside is his grotesquely deformed brother Belial. Separated at birth in a brutal operation the Siamese twins have come looking for revenge on the doctors that left Belial for dead and now the basket-dweller is ready to wreak blood-soaked carnage. Where the original classic ends the sequels pick up and things start to get really deranged when the brothers meet their long lost aunt ‘Granny Ruth’ and her houseful of freaks.
• 'What's In The Basket?' – A look at the making of the trilogy with director Frank Henenlotter; actors
Kevin VanHentenryck, Beverly Bonner, Annie Ross; producers Edgar Ievans and James Glickenhaus;
make-up effects artists John Caglione Jr, Kevin Haney, Gabe Bartalos; and writer Uncle Bob Martin
• 'An Interview With Graham Humphreys' – a look at the career of the legendary film poster artist.
Additional bonus features for the original film include:
• Video Introduction By Frank Henenlotter
• Audio Commentary By Director Frank Henenlotter, Producer Edgar Ievins And Actress Beverly Bonner
• 2001 Video Short – The Hotel Broslin
• Trailer/Radio Spots
• Photo Gallery: Behind-The-Scenes, Promotional Material, Stills
Pre-order the UK BD set from Amazon.co.uk